Kendall Almerica released some few tips on how to create an effective plan of attack on social media specific to crowdfunding campaigns. This will help boost the appeal of your campaign and generate more contributions.
Kendall says that when it comes to equity crowdfunding, one of the most critical components in your efforts of achieving your funding objectives is social media. But to gain supporters successfully through the social media, determination and great dedication are required which demands that you design an attack plan. The expert continues to say that success in crowd funding comes from laying down the strategies before you start the gun. He advises that one must have his or her profiles on the various social media sites updated including Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. Then, identify the most active people in your circle who have large networks and also potential supporters of your project who can contribute in popularizing your project.
Here are the five tips that Almerico provided on how to use social media to boost the power fire of your crowdfunding.
- Display yourself proudly on Facebook. While there are so many social media platforms today, Facebook is undoubtedly the undisputed king of the pack. As such, create a good Facebook page for your crowdfunding project and link it to your portal funding profile. Post updates of your project on Facebook and interact with those who comment and like your page.
- Tweet about it: the best thing about Twitter is that it offers an incredible platform for generating excitement and awareness regarding the project. As such, share your progress enthusiastically with your Twitter followers. Design your tweets in a way that they grab the attention of your readers and make it compelling for them to contribute.
- Inform the professionals about the project: LinkedIn offers a great platform where you can approach people in your niche or industry and inform them about your crowdfunding site. Post updates on LinkedIn, answer questions and contribute to the discussions as well. According to Almerico, using LinkedIn this way can easily lead to an increased support and interest by far much more than your personal connection list.
- Introduce your project to Pinterest- according to Almerico, Pinterest is becoming very popular in social media and there are good reasons why this is so. People love this platform because it is fun and visual and you can take advantage of this to boost your views and get more donations by creating pinwords and pinning them. Such word based pins should directly lead you viewers to the project page.
- Boost your visibility- a good way to increase the appeal of your crowdfunding platform is to create a high quality video about your project. As your project progress with time, remember to post the updated versions. Boost your reach more by uploading videos to popular websites such as DailyMotion, Vimeo and YouTube for maximum impact. Link back the video to your crowdfunding project page to make the viewers to contribute to your campaign.