Recently, Kendall Almerico, a crowdfunding expert and the CEO of a crowdfunding platform by the name ClickStartMe discussed of how Twitter can be used to enhance the success of a crowdfunding campaign.
Almerico said that it is an undeniable fact that social media plays a critical role in the success of any crowdfunding campaign. But it is so unfortunate that most people fail to realize that Facebook and Twitter are two animals that are completely different from one another and demand use of different strategies when promoting crowdfunding projects on either of these two platforms.
Almerico says that Twitter is by far much better for crowd funding than Facebook thanks to the speed of spreading news and its wide reach. But for Twitter to be used effectively, certain actions must be used which some people are not well informed about. Here is a highlight of the top Twitter actions you should be engaging in.
- 1. First, he advises tweeting everything you Post on Facebook. The worst mistake you can make is assuming people that people who read posts on Facebook are also the same who use Tweeter. These two platforms have different audiences and you need to have similar info posted on the two of them. A much better idea would be linking Twitter account and Facebook account so that info posted on one shows on the other one and this will ensure that you don’t rely just on one.
- 2. Next, tweeting should be done severally in a day and not just once in a day. A single tweet in a day will only reach about 5 percent of your audience and it is recommended that you tweet at least four times in a day while making the message a little different otherwise it might be regarded as a spam.
- 3. Thirdly, ask others to retweet your message. This is a good secret for getting viral Twitter. But people will rarely retweet something unless it is very compelling or are asked to. As such, Almerico advises that you just ask people politely to retweet and this will significantly boost the popularity your crowdfunding campaign.
- 4. Cultivate strong relationships with other Twitter users through interaction. If you have some twitter followers, make sure that you interact with them by sending messages to them and retweeting the tweets they post. This can lead to your tweets being retweeted and this can give your crowdfunding project a great boost. The same should also be done with bloggers and other media sources to enjoy even much better results.
- 5. Finally, hashtags can be really of great help in spreading the word. Hashtags can help everyone to easily find crowdfunding projects in the world of Twittersphere. This makes it much easier for one to retweet tweets and easily spread the word. Almerico advises that you can just do the #crowdfunding for every Tweet and this will be okay even if you won’t engage in anything else.